Thursday, February 1, 2018

Study of Revelation: Revelation 3 and the Rapture

Prayer and Bible Expo
https://prayerandbibleexpo.blogspot.com/


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-EE6FdVBQ

Brief Summary of Revelation 1
Revelation 1 The Introduction: ­Scene: Earth.  Time: Past (ca. 95 AD).
John introduces the book of prophecy with an explanation of the circumstances surrounding the Revelation. John was exiled on the island of Patmos when Jesus sent and communicated the vision of things which must soon take place. John is commanded to write and send the book to the seven churches in Asia.

Introduction to Revelation 2–3
Revelation 2-3  Messages to the Angels of the Seven Churches in Asia: 
Scene: Earth. Time: Present (to original readers in Asia).
Jesus sends a unique message to each of the seven churches in the western part of the Roman province of Asia: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.  The cities are listed in the order of the geological circuit that the messenger of the book would naturally travel as he delivered the letters.

STUDY QUESTIONS:

Rev. 3:1   “To the angel of the church in  Sardis write:
 He who has  the seven Spirits of God and  the seven stars, says this: ‘ I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive,  but you are  dead. 2 ‘Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God. 3 ‘So  remember  what you have received and heard; and keep it, and  repent. Therefore if you do not wake up,  I will come  like a thief, and you will not know at  what hour I will come to you. 4 ‘But you have a few   people in  Sardis who have not  soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me  in white, for they are worthy. 5  He who overcomes will thus be clothed in  white garments; and I will not  erase his name from the book of life, and  I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. 6  He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

1.  To whom are verses 1-6 addressed? 

2.  How is the speaker described? (3:1)

3.  Of what does Jesus know concerning the church in Sardis? (3:1)

4.  What does Jesus have against the church in Sardis? (3:1-2)

5.  What does Jesus tell the church in Sardis to do? (3:2-3)

6.  How does Jesus commend/warn/promise the church in Sardis? (3:4-6)
·       Commendation:
·       Warning:
·       Promise:



Rev. 3:7   “And to the angel of the church in  Philadelphia write:
  He who is holy,  who is true, who has  the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this:
Rev. 3:8   ‘ I know your  deeds. Behold, I have put before you  an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and  have not denied My name. 9 ‘Behold, I  will cause those of  the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie — I will make them  come and bow down  at your feet, and make them know that  I have loved you. 10 ‘Because you have  kept the word of  My  perseverance,  I also will keep you from the hour of   testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole   world, to  test  those who dwell on the earth. 11 ‘ I am coming quickly;  hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your  crown. 12 ‘ He who overcomes, I will make him a  pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the  name of My God, and  the name of the city of My God,  the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My  new name. 13 ‘ He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

1.  To whom are verses 7-13 addressed? 

2.  How is the speaker described? (3:7)

3.  Of what does Jesus know concerning the church in Philadelphia? (3:8)

4.  Does Jesus have anything against the church in Philadelphia? (3:7-13)

5.  Does Jesus tell the church in Philadelphia to do anything? (3:7-13) What will Jesus do to those who say they are Jews and are not, but lie?

6.  How does Jesus commend/warn/promise the church in Philadelphia? (3:10-13)
·       Commendation:
·       Warning:
·       Promise:



Rev. 3:14   “To the angel of the church in  Laodicea write:
  The Amen,  the faithful and true Witness,  the  Beginning of the creation of God, says this:
Rev. 3:15   ‘ I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot;  I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 ‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will  spit you out of My mouth. 17 ‘Because you say, “ I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18 I advise you to  buy from Me  gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and  white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that  the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 ‘ Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and  repent. 20 ‘Behold, I stand  at the door and  knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,  I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 ‘ He who overcomes, I will grant to him  to sit down with Me on My throne, as  I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22 ‘ He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

1.  To whom are verses 14-22 addressed? 

2.  How is the speaker described? (3:14)

3.  Of what does Jesus know concerning the church in Laodicea? (3:15)

4.  What does Jesus have against the church in Laodicea? (3:16-17)

5.  What does Jesus tell the church in Laodicea to do? (3:18)

6.  How does Jesus commend/warn/promise the church in Laodicea? (3:19-22)
·       Commendation:
·       Warning:
·       Promise:



Write a prayer response to Revelation 3.

Prayer and Bible Expo
https://prayerandbibleexpo.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment