Sunday, September 27, 2015

Messianic Texts in the Psalms: Psalm 16:8-11 לֹא־תַעֲזֹ֣ב Not Abandoned (Resurrected)

Prayer and Bible Expo
Messianic Texts in the Psalms: Psalm 16:8-11
 Not Abandoned לֹא־תַעֲזֹ֣ב (lō⁾ ta⁽azōv)
(Resurrected)

“I have  set the LORD continually before me; Because He is  at my right hand,  I will not be shaken. Therefore  my heart is glad and  my glory rejoices; My flesh also will  dwell securely. For You will not abandon my soul to  Sheol; Nor will You   allow Your  Holy One to  undergo decay. You will make known to me  the path of life; In  Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are  pleasures forever" 
(Ps. 16:8-11, NASB).


שִׁוִּ֬יתִי יְהוָ֣ה לְנֶגְדִּ֣י תָמִ֑יד כִּ֥י מִֽ֝ימִינִ֗י בַּל־אֶמּֽוֹט׃ ‏ לָכֵ֤ן ׀ שָׂמַ֣ח לִ֭בִּי וַיָּ֣גֶל כְּבוֹדִ֑י אַף־בְּ֝שָׂרִ֗י יִשְׁכֹּ֥ן לָבֶֽטַח׃
כִּ֤י ׀
לֹא־תַעֲזֹ֣ב נַפְשִׁ֣י לִשְׁא֑וֹל לֹֽא־תִתֵּ֥ן חֲ֝סִידְךָ֗ לִרְא֥וֹת שָֽׁחַת׃ תּֽוֹדִיעֵנִי֮ אֹ֤רַח חַ֫יִּ֥ים שֹׂ֣בַע שְׂ֭מָחוֹת אֶת־פָּנֶ֑יךָ נְעִמ֖וֹת בִּימִינְךָ֣ נֶֽצַח׃

“this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.  But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.
For David says of Him, ‘I SAW THE LORD ALWAYS IN MY PRESENCE; FOR HE IS AT MY RIGHT HAND, SO THAT I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN. ‘THEREFORE MY HEART WAS GLAD AND MY TONGUE EXULTED; MOREOVER MY FLESH ALSO WILL LIVE IN HOPE; BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT ABANDON MY SOUL TO HADES, NOR ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY. ‘YOU HAVE MADE KNOWN TO ME THE WAYS OF LIFE; YOU WILL MAKE ME FULL OF GLADNESS WITH YOUR PRESENCE’”
(Acts 2:23-28).

“As for the fact that He raised Him up from the dead, no longer to return to decay, He has spoken in this way: ‘I WILL GIVE YOU THE HOLY and SURE blessings OF DAVID.’  Therefore He also says in another Psalm, ‘YOU WILL NOT ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.’ For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid among his fathers and underwent decay; but He whom God raised did not undergo decay”
(Acts 13:34-37).

“For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it”
(Matt. 7:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment