Sunday, September 20, 2015

Messianic Texts in the Psalms: Psalm 69:4 Hated Without a Cause (שֹׂנְאַ֪י חִ֫נָּ֥ם)

Prayer and Bible Expo

Messianic Texts in the Psalms: Psalm 69:4
Hated Without a Cause 
(שֹׂנְאַ֪י חִ֫נָּ֥ם) (sone⁾ chinnam)

“Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head; 
Those who would destroy me are powerful, being wrongfully my enemies; 
What I did not steal, I then have to restore.” (Ps. 69:4)

רַבּ֤וּ ׀ מִשַּׂעֲר֣וֹת רֹאשִׁי֮ שֹׂנְאַ֪י חִ֫נָּ֥ם עָצְמ֣וּ מַ֭צְמִיתַי אֹיְבַ֣י שֶׁ֑קֶר אֲשֶׁ֥ר לֹא־גָ֝זַ֗לְתִּי אָ֣ז אָשִֽׁיב׃

“If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, ‘THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE.’” 
(John 15:24-25)

(John 15:24 (MHNT לוּלֵא עָשִׂיתִי בְּתוֹכָם אֶת הַמַּעֲשִׂים אֲשֶׁר אִישׂ זוּלָתִי לֹא עָשָׂה, לֹא הָיָה בָּהֶם חֵטְא; אֶלָּא שֶׁעַתָּה הֵם רָאוּ וְגַם שָׂנְאוּ, גַּם אוֹתִי וְגַם אֶת אָבִי;  25 לְקַיֵּם אֶת הַכָּתוּב בְּתוֹרָתָם ’שִׂנְאַת חִנָּם שְׂנֵאוּנִי‘. 


No comments:

Post a Comment