Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Sixth Messianic Prediction in the Pentateuch: Mosaic Prediction (Deut. 18:15, 18)

Sixth Messianic Prediction in the Pentateuch:


Mosaic Prediction
(Deuteronomy 18:15, 18)


“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.” (Deut. 18:15)

“‘I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.’” (Deut. 18:18)


NT Notes:

Matt. 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” 

Matt. 21:11 And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” 

Mark 9:4 Elijah appeared to them along with Moses; and they were talking with Jesus. 

Luke 7:16 Fear gripped them all, and they began glorifying God, saying, “A great prophet has arisen among us!” and, “God has visited His people!” 

John 5:46 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

John 6:14 Therefore when the people saw the sign which He had performed, they said, “This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” 

John 8:28 So Jesus said, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me.

John 17:8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

Acts 3:22 “Moses said, ‘THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you. 


Acts 7:37 “This is the Moses who said to the sons of Israel, ‘GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment