Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Messianic Texts: Reign of David: Davidic King (2Sam. 7:8-16)

Prayer and Bible Expo

Messianic Texts: Reign of David (1011– 971 B.C.)
Davidic King

“‘When your days are fulfilled and  you lie down with your fathers,  I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.  He shall build a house for my name, and  I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity,  I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men, but my steadfast love will not depart from him,  as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you.  And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.’” (2 Sam. 7:8–16)

“Then He said to them, ‘How is it that they say the Christ is David’s son? For David himself says in the book of Psalms, “THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, ‘SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET.’” Therefore David calls Him “Lord,” and how is He his son?’” (Luke 20:41-44)

“concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord” (Rom. 1:3)

“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this:” (Rev. 3:7)

“On his robe and on his thigh  he has a name written,  King of kings and Lord of lords.” (Rev. 19:16)

“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things  for the churches. I am  the root and  the descendant of David,  the bright morning star.” (Rev. 22:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment